November 6, 2012

In Brief - Election Day Rant

I am friends with people from a wide range of political views.  Some are close, some... less so.  One in particular is a staunch conservative from DC.  She posted a joke this morning saying "Happy Republican Voting Day!  Democrats vote tomorrow!"

I guess it'd be funny.... if it weren't true.  I mean, if the sentiment weren't true.  If there were not actually Republicans out there trying to keep Democrats from voting, I'd find that kind of joke humorous.  Instead, I find it callous, rude, and a sign of what's wrong with that party.  Yes, I can take a joke, and 10 years ago I found the joke funny.  But not when there have been so many attempts to change the laws to make it harder for people who traditionally vote Democratic to get to the polls.

No comments:

Post a Comment